This past May, I was faced with a really tough decision – listen to my intuition and follow the scary, uncertain, path or take the safe route.
I chose the scary, uncertain, path. And once I did, I felt, for the first time in a long time, and overwhelmed sense of inner peace.
You see, I am a chronic safe-route picker. It is the one that usually wins in my mind. I know I am not alone in this spot; so many of us tell ourselves where we are at is good enough – we are supposed to be here. We need to just stay on the path for now. Something better will happen later, now is not the time.
But I have to tell you the other side – it’s a whole new level of inner peace that I am experiencing. And I want to help everyone else experience it as well! I can’t keep it all to myself; you need to feel it too!
So, I thought I would share with you my top five learnings that happened when I chose to listen, and trust, my intuition.
- Resiliency – I have described myself with this word more times in the last three months than in my whole life. Life will break us. Nobody can ever protect us from that, even if we are living alone in a cardboard box. But how we choose to remain in the eye of the storm says a lot about ourselves. When you trust and listen to your intuition, resiliency is the frosting that keeps the cake together. It’s your internal glue. And who doesn’t love to feel resilient? The energy that comes from saying and feeling that word is like a firework going off on the top of a mountain!
- Growth – I have read “Don’t just go through life, grow through life” many times, which is so profound for me. When I go through life and ignore all the signs and block out the whispers, I don’t grow. I have learned in the last couple of years to know that all the signs and heart-tugging whispers are for me and only me. No one else is hearing them but me so I better listen up. Once I started opening my eyes and ears more and trusting what I saw, the peace that showed up was the calm I was yearning for. Growth happens when we learn from these happenings. We trust our gut and grow.
- Understanding – The fear of being in the same spot as I was right now was a hard feeling to grasp. I could not build in my head a vision of my business without first stepping into some hot coals and deconstructing some old ways. I had to listen to my inner knowing and trust that it guided me to my true path. The idea of missing out on it was too hard to ignore. And my intuition just kept telling me this. If you don’t go for it now, you will miss out on it all.
- Armored – I have experienced many life situations where I didn’t trust and listen to the guidance only to have things end the opposite way I had hoped. But this time, after countless internal conversations, I told myself, what if the Universe would have my back this time like it is always proclaiming? And man did it. I have a set of armor around me that I have never felt before. I am ready for anything with a strong, confident back, to carry the load.
- The Rise – It is so true; we have to fall to rise. We have to go through the mud and muck; we have to feel the feels. Pain isn’t tragic; it is magic. Suffering in life is tragic. And suffering is what happens when we avoid our pain and consequently miss our becoming. I can’t imagine suffering in that spot and missing out on this magical place I am working from now. To quote Shivajee Pandey, “Don’t fear failure, fear being in the exact same place next year as you are today.”
Are you trusting or fighting your intuition? I would love to connect and share with you how I can help you guide your inner knowing for a life-altering, transformation. You will experience an energy shift like no other.
If you are curious to know more, let’s chat!